2nd Year High School Honors
1. Be planning to attend Gulf Coast State College in the fall. Please note: High School Honors scholarships are not transferrable to another institution.
2. Be planning to take six or more credit hours.
3. Have finished the first academic year with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
4. Complete a general scholarship application in AcademicWorks.
5. Attempt to complete the general application essay questions. Please note: essay questions are not required, but we recommend you make an attempt to answer them.
6. Sign and date your application.
ACCEPTING THE AWARD
Once items 1-6 have been completed and an award amount has been determined by the Foundation’s Board of Directors (in April or May), the Foundation staff will extend an “offer” to receive the 2nd year of the award. To receive the 2nd year award, the recipient must login to their AcademicWorks scholarship application and “accept” the scholarship. Failure to do this may cause delays in the administration and processing of the award.
NOT ATTENDING GULF COAST STATE COLLEGE?
Recipients not attending Gulf Coast State College in the fall should contact the Foundation at [email protected]
USING THE HONORS SCHOLARSHIP WITH OTHER AWARDS
Any recipient who receives a high school honors scholarship will not be selected for a general Foundation scholarship. However, a high school honors scholarship recipient may receive and use other departmental or organizational scholarship awards.